by Dana Cavalea February 18, 2021

Hi Team...

This morning I got up very excited...

Because I figured out what most people are needing.....

You see, after a full last couple days of coaching, I find it is not more skills that people need or even tactics- they actually just need Accountability.

Accountability to:

  1. Stay focused
  2. Keep things simplified
  3. Execute on the simple tasks/ IPA (income producing activities) rather than their mind running wild on chasing what is gold, new, fun, and shiny
  4. To do their daily workout
  5. To set up their meal plan and eating schedule
  6. To be granted the permission to rest, relax, and recover

These are just a few...

But how many out there are searching for the answers- when the answer is just actually cutting back on the wasted activity you are doing that is low yield- yet high energy burn but not getting you closer to where you want to be?

I believe most could benefit from an Accountability coach...

Don't you?

What if you had somebody to report to?

In a healthy way.

I believe that would be very cool, but most importantly extremely effective.

In fact, it is even inspiring me to think about adding an accountability coaching arm to my coaching agency....

If we can hold people accountable to what they say they want and desire... and, hold them accountable to the process to get there- how can they fail?


As much as many of us hate structure, it is exactly what we need to stay centered, focused, and moving towards where we want to go...

This past week while coaching, one of the main points I have illustrated using our bullseye example is how the bullseye, or daily fundamental activities should be 80% of your day, leaving only 20% of your day for everything else.

That is focus my friends.

That is the type of focus one needs to become dominant at what it is they say they want to achieve.

After all, it is the equation of focus + daily execution = success.

If you find yourself constantly bouncing around from this to that- having many incomplete or half done assignments/ tasks... that is a recipe for frustration, anxiousness, and trouble.

So, as we hit the ground running today- here is your reminder to:

Get Focused on The Fundamentals.

Reduce the random thoughts by always bringing yourself back to home-base- which is your daily plan of 80% fundamentals.

I always share mine with you:

  1. Write my blog
  2. Workout
  3. Eat Clean with structured meals
  4. Coach Individuals and Teams
  5. Meet 2 new people per day

That is it.

Those are MY fundamentals.

What are yours?

The sooner you get them down, the sooner you win.

Let's go!

Win Today!

Your Coach,


Dana Cavalea
Dana Cavalea

Dana Cavalea is the World Champion Director of Strength and Conditioning & Performance of the New York Yankees. Currently, he is a High Performance Speaker & Consultant to Pro Athletes, Entrepreneurs, Business Executives, and Workforces on lifestyle strategies to reduce stress, improve work/life integration, and most importantly improve daily performance /outcomes. Book Dana to Speak at your Company Event or Conference Today!

Leave a comment

Also in The Champions Newsletter

What do you see?
What do you see?

by Dana Cavalea November 22, 2022

Read More
Have You Heard of This?
Have You Heard of This?

by Dana Cavalea November 14, 2022 1 Comment

Read More
The Only Thing That HOLDS YOU BACK!H
The Only Thing That HOLDS YOU BACK!H

by Dana Cavalea November 11, 2022 4 Comments

Read More

Want to Know the 7 Surprising Things Ultra-Successful People Do Differently?