When it comes to the holidays, most people aside from enjoying some time off, love to indulge in cookies, cakes, and holiday treats...
But what happens when a few nibbles turn into total pastry, cake, and cookie genocide.. and then you can not stop?
We have talked about this in the past..
Once you start allowing SUGAR into the system and higher than normal rates, you body becomes "dependent" on it..
You start to become a SUGAR-A-HOLIC or SUGAR-ATTIC.
The most important part of this whole process is Awareness.
You must realize you have moved past taking a few bites of some holiday treats... and are moving into the SUGAR DANGER ZONE..
I find that when I am in one of these phases, I eat less fruits and vegetables, drink less water, drink more coffee, and am on the hunt for starch-based carbs..
This is the recipe of disaster for anybody looking to maintain or lose weight... or anybody trying to forgo becoming a full-fledged self-induced diabetic..
So, Coach.. what do we do?
These are my tips for you to beat the SUGAR:
1. Increase the amount of water you are drinking.. shoot for 6-8 bottles today to "dilute" the sugar and begin to cleanse your palate.
2. Increase the amount of vegetables (Greens) in your diet substantially- at every meal have something green.. (stay away from starch vegetables: potatoes, squashes)
3. Increase the amount of fruit you eat-- especially tart, green apples. This will again help to change and cleanse your palate.
4. Green Tea/ Herbal Teas over coffee. Coffee for many people is a catalyst to bad behavior-- like dunking a cookie, or having a wheat based carb choice.. This is often NOT THE CASE with teas..
5. When you are in the middle of a SUGAR CRAVING.. do not try to over-ride it mentally because you will fail.. instead, DEPLOY one of the above STRATEGIES..
I know you guys probably think I am nuts with this blog..
But.. the above is based on practical experiences personally, and in coaching others for many years to improve their overall health and vitality.
This stuff works, just remember to use it!
Yours in Sugar-Free Health,
February 01, 2023
Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing! https://j9korea.com/