Let me ask you a question....
Have you ever had something go a few weeks, months, or maybe even years that you wanted to get done but didn't?
I am sure you have.
Most people can answer YES to the above.
But why does this happen?
I believe for a few reasons....
1. Fatigue: When we are tired (or burnt-out) it is easier to push things to next week and the next week and the next week.
2. Fear of Success: What if what you put your efforts to works? Many have found comfort in talking about what they are going to do.... It is a part of their daily running narrative. SO, as a result of action, (success or failure) their narrative would have to change and most are not ready or willing for that!
3. Not 100% All-In: Often times we think we want to do something but we do not have that raw passion or love for it. Any resistance or thoughts of resistance, struggle, or hard work derail the efforts or even the first steps.
4. Over-Leveraged: You are doing too much of everything and trying to be too much of everything. So, you an not even imagine having to take on one more thing. That one thing is what can put you over the edge!
5. Doing It For The Wrong Reason(s): We can also find ourselves wanting something for the wrong reason and our gut will not let us proceed. If you are doing something that you do not believe fully in for the cash or lifestyle it provides- and not for the love of it, your growth will be inhibited. Or, maybe, a parent or somebody else has put pressure on you and you want to prove it or show them.
When we have a greater understanding of WHY we do not take action on things, it is easier to let them go, free ourselves, or, actually stimulate ourselves enough to take action on them!
When it comes to understanding habits and behaviors, understanding is #1.
Then, YOU decide to take action or not.
I have a saying that I use: Schedule Your Success.
Once you gain understanding and you want to take action and are ready to take action- life can go very fast.
This is why you must schedule your success.
Schedule the actions you need to take to bring that success to life.
For example, over the last 4 weeks I have been commissioned with reading my new book, Habits of a Champion Team that will be out this Fall.
Have I done the reading?
When I ask myself, why?
The answer is simple.
It is not in my schedule!
What is scheduled gets done.
Daily workouts = In the schedule.
Coaching calls = In the schedule.
Webinars & Teachings = In the schedule.
Call Backs = In the schedule.
Meal Times = In the schedule.
**What makes the schedule gets done. What does not make the schedule does not get done.
That one statement above will change your life and your production and your results.
Today, before your get going: Check your schedule.
See if you are scheduled for success.
You can even deconstruct your TO-DO list and put it in your schedule to ensure that it gets done!
This is how you schedule your success.
COACH DANA CAVALEA