Well- I had to share this with my "team".
I have had a battle with food going on for a long time...
Don't be concerned for me..
Let me explain..
It is not food addiction or anything like that.. but a battle against Restaurant Food... and Chefs..
Because of my travel, I am somewhat forced to "eat-out"... and I always try my best to make a great, healthy choice..
Sticking with the Proteins, Vegetables... and navigating away from the Italian/ Mexican/ Asian (except for Sunday Fun-Days).. in order to keep my calories lower...
So last night, I was in NYC and decided to make a "healthy choice"...
A well known Brazilian Steakhouse..
Big Salad Bar with Fresh Vegetables..
Fresh Cooked Steaks of Varying Cuts presented at the Table..
Now I know that it is easy to over-eat in these places.. so I knew I was going to do 1-TRIP to the salad bar.. and 1-Plate of a few fresh cuts of MEAT...
Basically a CLEAN, PALEO Meal...
At least I thought...
It was PALEO.. but definitely NOT CLEAN..
Immediately after eating.. Fingers Started to Swell and my rings became permanent fixtures on my skin...
This was followed by rapid fatigue and bloating...
After feeling PARCHED all night.. and feeling SWOLLEN..
I realized that RESTAURANTS and CHEFS are beating us..
Using the BIG 3 (I always mention), SALT, BUTTER, OIL to flavor and CALOR-IZE Food..
I write this to make you aware..
Just because you are making "solid" choices at restaurants.. you still may be losing..
So what do we do Coach?
1. Over- Eat on Raw Vegetables (Vinegars only for dressings)
2. If you prefer cooked vegetables, request steamed "dry".. no butter/ salt
3. Steer Clear of Marinated Meats.. Opt for Broiled Fish "dry"..no butter/ salt
4. If you desire meat.. request no butter/salt
5. Rather than ordering an entree, select a salad and appetizer portion of protein.. or just eat 1/2 the entree..
These are a few simple hacks while AT THE RESTAURANT..
When you get home.. do the following...
1. HOT BATH or SHOWER
2. Eat a high POTASSIUM Fruit (Banana or Melons)
3. Flush Yourself with 1-2 Bottles of Water
4. The next day.. engage in lower calories..
5. The next day.. try to steam or sauna.. or engage in a higher sweat workout..
These are some simple hacks to WIN against the Chefs and Restaurants that sacrifice culinary excellence for cheap ingredients and low budget flavoring methods..
Cheers to the WIN!